Become a part of the Sumner Veterinary Hospital team!
Read through our open positions, and if you are interested, email us a copy of your resume!
Sumner Veterinary Hospital in Sumner, WA is looking for a dedicated veterinarian to join our practice.
Sumner Veterinary Hospital is a state of the art Regional Medical Facility that supports the entire South Puget Sound Region. We are a 24-hour facility providing the highest standard of GP/ER veterinary medicine. Our extremely dedicated support staff and stellar medical team work hard to provide superior customer service for our valued clientele. Our 14-doctor team experiences a diverse caseload and have a great working relationship with local specialists in the Seattle-Tacoma Area.
With a highly placed value on continuing education, we are constantly updating protocols and new ideas in medical procedures and pharmacology.
The ideal candidate will be dedicated to practicing high-quality GP medicine, will be able to handle an ER environment or case – should overlap occur, will have strong client communication skills, an interest in advanced diagnostics, soft tissue surgery (orthopedics would be a plus!), and routine dentistry. All experience levels considered. If you are interested in joining our growing practice we want to hear from you!
About the Hospital
Some of the fun toys our team gets to enjoy are:
- In-house laboratory and Beta Testing for new lab equipment
- State of the art radiology equipment
- P5 full Diagnostic Ultrasound and portable Fast Scan Ultrasound notebook
- Full dental care with Digital Dental X-rays
- Laser Therapy
- Shock wave Therapy
- Rehabilitation Center with an underwater treadmill
- Chinese Herbal Therapy, Acupuncture, Massage and Chiropractic
- Specialty services provided in-house are Orthopedic (fracture repair, TTA, PGR).
- Ligature and bipolar cautery
About Sumner, WA:
Sumner is located in the South Puget Sound Region at the base of Mt. Rainier. Located just south of Seattle and East of Tacoma, there are an abundance of leisure activities, excellent school districts, and a thriving big city economy with a small-town community.
Please email your resume to LindsayD@sumnervet.com.
Licensed Veterinary Technician
Sumner Veterinary Hospital has been proudly serving the greater south sound area for over 40 years. We have grown from a small community general practice to a thriving 24-7 full-service practice equipped to offer advanced emergency and critical care services. At our core remains a deep-seated belief that pets enhance our lives and that caring for them and their loved ones is a necessary and honorable profession we are proud to belong to.
We are looking for licensed, skilled veterinary technicians who have an interest in lab work and client communication. We offer a flexible work schedule, premium benefits, and a positive team-oriented environment where we provide an opportunity for you to advance your passion and your career.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Performs laboratory tests on blood, urine, and feces, such as urinalyses and blood counts, to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of animal health problems.
- Collects, prepares, and labels samples for laboratory testing, culture, or microscopic examination.
- Maintains a clean workstation.
- Works collaboratively with veterinarians and other team members to ensure that all animals are being cared for properly and moving through the system efficiently.
- Client communication – written and verbal
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- Certification as a Veterinary Technician (or equivalent experience in the state of WA)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to handle the physical and emotional aspects of work in a veterinary clinic environment, including the use of euthanasia.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth.
- Must have active listening, critical thinking, complex problem solving, time management, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Veterinary experience is a MUST.
We look forward to showing you our hospital and introducing you to our team and philosophy. Please email your resume to JackieP@sumnervet.com.